South Carolina - April 2012


Advertisement
Published: December 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

South Carolina


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

CharlestonCharleston
Charleston

Another great historic city with beautiful old streets & buidings. We camped in the nearby James Island Co. Park & once again taxied into the big city. On the way back we had a really savvy black driver who seemed to be very informed about the true history of the civil war.
CharlestonCharleston
Charleston

A good example here of the well kept old buildings throughout the city.
CharlestonCharleston
Charleston

A water front area we came to on our 1 day walking tour of the city which occupies a peninsula where the Cooper & Ashley Rivers terminate at the Atlantic just beyond.
CharlestonCharleston
Charleston

A side street demonstrates the charm galore of Charleston which is also the home of at least one University.
CharlestonCharleston
Charleston

King St. & Queen St. give a sense of the regal feeling of the city which was burned down in the Civil War. We saw old brick buildings that were survivors.
CharlestonCharleston
Charleston

We found lovely residential neighborhoods, many w/beautiful back yard gardens such as this. This would be a really pleasant city to live in (hot humid summers excepted). We heard the night life is better here than in Savannah.
Buck Hall Camp Ground, about 1 hr  north of CharlestonBuck Hall Camp Ground, about 1 hr  north of Charleston
Buck Hall Camp Ground, about 1 hr north of Charleston

We got lucky... the camp ground was full, and we only had to pay $5.00 for this wonderful overflow spot in a meadow all to ourselves.
Buck Hall Camp GroundBuck Hall Camp Ground
Buck Hall Camp Ground

The coastline of South Carolina is among the most interesting along the eastern seaboard. It consists of many little islands in close proximity along the southern edge,divided by rivers ending at the sea, making up the 'lowlands' of the state.
Target PracticeTarget Practice
Target Practice

We found a national forest target range along the way, and got some pointers from some of the guys there. When we pulled in w/ our 40' motorhome, a few of the men thought we had taken a wrong turn or were lost.
Huntington Beach State ParkHuntington Beach State Park
Huntington Beach State Park

along the Ocean Hwy has a nice white sand beach with a lagoon on other side of the campgrounds. A nice place to bike, & walk.
Huntington Beach State ParkHuntington Beach State Park
Huntington Beach State Park

The lagoon is pretty big, can't remember anymore what wildlife we saw there!
Huntington Beach State ParkHuntington Beach State Park
Huntington Beach State Park

Viewing spots in the lagoon area
Huntington Beach State ParkHuntington Beach State Park
Huntington Beach State Park

What a sunset over the lagoon!
Met Up With Old FriendsMet Up With Old Friends
Met Up With Old Friends

Harrison and Cayenne now living just north of Myrtle Beach, a famous tourist spot. They had lived full time in their RV for 9 years. They took us out on their boat around Bird Island.


Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb