It's like driving across Texas!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Carolina » Columbia
December 20th 2011
Published: December 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Leslie here: I'd like to say that Mom and Dad now have just about 1100 miles to travel until they reach the great city of Austin, Tx. If one were to drive from Orange, Tx to El Paso, Tx, one would travel about 900 miles. So this next portion of the trip is basically just like driving across one state. One really BIG state. Or like driving around New England for days and days and days. But it's more fun to be in Texas, so we'll welcome them heartily when they arrive. And don't let Mom's estimate fool you, they should absolutely be here by Wednesday night... hear that Mom and Dad???? We'll have dinner waiting!!








Another fun day in Columbia. For a few hours, we visited Leanne's work where she is the Assistant Director of the child care center at the University of South Carolina. She took us on a tour of the classrooms where we met the cute little kids and their teachers. They have babies from 6 weeks old on up to pre-kindergarten age. This center is a really nice facility with a great playground area for the kids and plenty of parking for the teachers and visitors.



After leaving the center, we went to Leanne's and Ron's apartment and spent the rest of our visit there. Leanne made a delicious dinner of yellow grits, asparagus and shrimp, Yummy!!!





I spoke with Lydia on the phone and then Leslie called later to see what we were up to. We also had a good laugh at yesterday's blog with the inserted pictures and comments.





Now we're getting ready to leave Columbia, SC tomorrow and head a bit further south and then west toward Texas. We should be at Leslie's and Michael's on Thursday. But we'll continue with our little blog
Brush with fame #2Brush with fame #2Brush with fame #2

Leanne was recently interviewed and featured on the local news!!
each day.


Hoping everyone is happy and well. Take care and keep in touch with us homeless vagabonds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

No one told us....No one told us....
No one told us....

.... that as part of the "tour" we'd get to change diapers, feed kids and pick up toys. Hmmmm.


Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb