Home


Advertisement
Published: August 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our Home on the waterOur Home on the waterOur Home on the water

Getting her ready for Live aboard
Thanks again for viewing!

Well, we have been home at Cooper River Marina in Charleston for a couple weeks now. This is like arriving at the Hilton with hot showers in air conditioned areas.


We went through the Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel and it is always a great sight. It is 27 miles of bridge and two tunnels. There is a viewing area at the start of one of the tunnels where you can stop.


We started onto the Outer Banks in North Carolina and stopped at Kitty Hawk and saw the National Monument to the First Flight. It was still very hot so we did not spend much time on the Outer Banks and returned to Charleston from there.

We traveled about 14,000 miles and the old Honda has about 304,000 miles now. If we were staying on land I would keep her as she is still doing well.

We are now making the final preparations on the boat before we leave. We do a few things each day and have a few more to do. The last three days have been raining and storming so not much progress. We should be out of here by the end of the Month.

Next posting should have some sailing pictures.

Cheers,

Ron & Carol



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Looking AcrossLooking Across
Looking Across

This looks across from one side of the tunnel to the other entrance


Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb