The Rhode Island reunion!!


Advertisement
Published: July 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello All, Graeme and i have finally met up after some intensive travelling and airport connections! At one point i was kept in imagration for so long i thought i would miss my flight, then ended up travelling to Rhode Island on an 18 seater with only 2 other people it was like a private jet!!
Graeme's trip was a lot smoother and only had a half hour delay. Then we hit the bar, Wards of course - Graeme's old haunt from his days at Challenger.
Sunday, we hired a car and headed for Newport (a very posh fishing town by the sea) and although it was bucketing down with rain and stormy winds there was no chance of shopping as all were way out of my price range. So instead we went to the international tennis hall of fame. This was great fun and would have been even better if we could of had a game on the center court, but at 40 dollars an 1/2 hour we just looked round instead. In the evening we went to see the new batman movie the dark knight, great movie but very cold theater,
Today we went to Cape Cod as the weather was very hot (85 degrees) to have a dip in the Atlantic but needed to warm up with a bike ride first which proved to be a lot hotter than we thought but good exercise. The ocean was way colder than we thought and not even the mid day biking warmed us enough for the temperature of the water!!
Tonight we are going to eat at a restaurant by the harbour, and i am going to be brave and try some lobster - expensive, but then again Graeme will be paying (he,he!). Tomorrow, we continue our American adventure by hitting Vegas! Everything will be going on RED!!

Advertisement



29th July 2008

Go for black instead!
My feeling says black, Ame, and I'll take 10% of your winnings please ;) Have fun!!
30th July 2008

Well Done
Glad to see you have finally got on to blogging ,now we can keep an eye on you!! I can't wait until you work out adding photos! Hope Vegas and Grand Canyon live up to expectations. Keep blogging!
2nd August 2008

Bring on the pics!
Sounding good so far, but can't wait for the pictures!

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1002kb