a little time in Providence


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

rhode island



rhode island
Christoph Hall
I've been trying once again to keep up with blogging but there isn't a lot of time to do so. I usually write them in Notepad and then cut and paste them when I can get internet. Even then it can be difficult as everyone needs to check their e-mail etc.. Driving to Providence from NYC was pretty painless and were still driving on the vegoil that we picked up in that small town on the New York/Pennsylvania border. The bumpy NYC roads cracked the front windshield a little more and the already sketchy passenger side mirror had become an obstacle for NYC bicyclists that couldn't avoid it. I seemed about every 20 minutes or so a guy on a bike would ram his shoulder into the mirror while we were parked. The mirror is one of the older ones that doesn't give when struck but it really didn't mess it up that badly. I'm sure there are some bikers in NYC with sore shoulders now.
Providence is quite a quaint town. The humidity was obnoxious and it would rain for about 15 minutes every 30 minutes. This club was a gay club and wasn't really geared for having live bands so there was a lot of fiddling with the sound system. The show started late as a result but went smoothly. As usual we slept at the promoters house had coffee and hit the road. Laurie picked up navigating from Providence to Norfolk VA. Martin is going to be DJing at a club called "The Wave" in Norfolk. The drive was long we ended up hitting a lot of traffic jams running about 50 miles long and ended up driving through Washington DC instead of around it. Tempers were flaring and the weather wasn't getting any cooler or less humid. We finally arrived in Norfolk at around 3am. Our promoter for this is Brandon. He offered us some beers, showed us where we could sleep and next thing you know it was 11:00 am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb