Blithewold Mansion & Gardens- Bristol


Advertisement
Published: May 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Blithewold Main HouseBlithewold Main HouseBlithewold Main House

Picture from sea side walk.
On Friday April 26 we visited the Blithwold Mansion and gardens in Bristol Rhode Island. The 70 acre former seaside summerhouse of coal magnate, Augustus Van Wickle and his wife Bessie, the house is now open to the pubic was celebrating “Daffodil Days”. The grounds and gardens were in very good condition. The green house had a nice variety of plants. We were experiencing the first warm day we’d had this spring and the temperature was in the 70’s. What a great day to spend visiting such a great garden and finally spring is here in New England. The “self guided” tour of the house is helpful and lets you do your viewing at your own pace. They offer an afternoon tea at two sittings each afternoon for $10. This was a nice relaxing way to finish our visit. If you’d like to do the afternoon tea make reservations early. The dining room has limited seating.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Blithewold Main HouseBlithewold Main House
Blithewold Main House

View of Narragansett Bay


6th May 2009

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them.
I wish I'd been home to go with you. I've always wanted to explore more of that area. The weather is just a teensy bit milder than the North Shore of MA.
23rd February 2011

Garden Centre Bristol
"It is one of the best post I have found on your website . I have been doing color healing for years." Thanks for a tremendous job on ************ Garden Centre Bristol********

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb