Pennsylvania


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania » York
August 2nd 2016
Published: August 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Driving into Pensylvania and to Gettysburg and to no accomadation what so ever in Gettysburg, as for summer holidays again. So we found a hotel in York, about 30 min from Gettysburg ideal a very up market a little luxury for us.......Hampton Inn ( no laughing peeps). We were very happy and still close to Gettysburg, to visit the other end of the countys Civil War site as you will remember we saw Vicksburg a few weeks ago.
The veiwing of Gettysburg was compleatly different. We used our National park pass again ? and we got a App for the three day war, which went into great details of the war manovers of both South and North sides. We drove around getting out of the car to watch different scenes that were being renacted by in costume soldiers. It was so interesting we spent the day emersed in battles, however the cemetary wasn't as impressive as Vicksburg in my opinion. The Town of Vicksburg is i my opioion quite tacky,typical tourism crap. We're as Vicksburg commemerated the life's lost, its town centre was as historic.
We have laughed at me favoring the south as we are in the north states now however i loved the southern states if USA and Im a northern girl the more north you go the warmer the heart. Well im not feeling the love from some of these northern gals. I am way behind in my blogs folks so another few and i will have caught up, so much to see and so little time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb