Gambling in Pennsylvania


Advertisement
Published: July 29th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Our departure began about 4:30 pm from Oswego NY. As soon as my friend Theresa was finished with work, she came to get me, then Beth. After stacking our luggage and bags into the car in Jenga-like fashion, we took off. Our goal was to drive about half way, since two of us were up early for work that morning. When I was planning for this trip, I found a casino in Wilkes-Barre PA and thought that'd be a good place to stay. We'd have something to do and many options for dining without having to drive around.

We reached Wilkes-Barre in about three and a half hours and entered the enourmous Mohegan Sun Pocono casino parking lot. There is a racetrack, casino, hotel and convention center all on the propterty,so finding out exactly where to park was a little challenging! It was also quite a walk to the hotel from our parking spot. But once we walked in, we were all impressed. The people were uber-friendly and the hotel was modern, clean and very well-air conditioned, which was much appreciated on a hot summer night. The lady at the check-in desk informed us that we could get twenty dollars
Our RoomOur RoomOur Room

We ended up with a handicap room, not requested. We wondered why the shower had no ledge or tub! Very roomy bathroom at any rate.
of free credit by signing up for a gambling card, which we did. After settling in, we freshened up and headed to the casino.

All three of us are cheap gamblers, so playing with house money was satisfying enough. We searched for the cheapest slots in order to stretch our playing time. The best we could do was a Wonder Woman themed penny slot with a minimum bet of 50x. So, for 50 cents a spin, we tried our luck. Wonder Woman made a big production out of every little win, which we found hilarious. What sounded like a thousand-dollar win would actually turn out to be 2 bucks. At the end of our playing time, Theresa and I had a few cents left, and Beth ended up 26 dollars ahead. And she had never been to a casino before!

All of the gaming is located inside a big circle, with restaurants, bars and shops lining the outside. We cruised the cul-de-sac looking for a good dinner place and decided on Bar Louie. Each of us ordered flabread pizzas, which hit the spot. The cocktails were also wonderful. I had a signature drink called the Staycation, and a Melon Margarita. I've been to a few Bar Louies before, and i always enjoy their cocktails!

After eating, we attempted to head back to our rooms. Maybe it was the cocktails, but we could not get off the cul-de-sac. We passed the entry to get back to the rooms twice, passing by the same people over and over. We could not stop laughing. Already, this is turning out to be a great trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb