Our awesome and raging, fabulous staging – PC Morocco 2013


Advertisement
Published: January 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This blog will be super short with no photographs. Our staging information was super-secret…. So if we to tell you about it, we would have to kill ya! Just kidding. The staging consisted of paperwork, motivation and building rapport between volunteers. We did group skits and obtained valuable information about the PC (yes, we are down to initials) and Morocco from very enthusiastic and knowledgeable people. Morocco sounds fantastic, mystical and challenging. (All of which we knew already… but this was reinforced with gusto!) After the initial meet and greet, we broke up into two groups of about 50. So, after an ice-breaker exercise with all 100 volunteers, we got to know about 50 people much better. How? The group shared its anxieties and aspirations and did a lot of laughing. The bottom line of staging was to get preliminary preparation and to get to know and share with other volunteers. We must admit it was a unique experience (not so much for Clay due to his military service, except everyone is really super nurturing as opposed to the Marine Corps).

We have met some really interesting and diverse people. I’m sure everyone is on his or her best behavior, but the complimentary nature of all of the personalities is a good reflection on the Peace Corps selection process. There are a total of approximately nine married couples, about which we were surprised.

Tomorrow we will leave Philly by bus to JFK for our flight to Morocco. However, for our last night in the States, we decided to get a famous cheese steak from Sonny’s and bottle of wine for our room. With dinner in hand and bags packed, we were left with time to call the kids and loved ones. Tomorrow we board the magic carpet to the wonderful Kingdom of Morocco… Stay tuned!

Advertisement



17th January 2013

Have Fun!
We appreciate your posts and can't wait to hear more. Sis
18th January 2013

giddy
My heart was racing as I read this post. So excited to hear what you both are experiencing!!! Oooh it is going to be amazing for you both. Envy envy.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb