Shower?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon
July 2nd 2006
Published: July 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

I've been told by my new friends in North Bend, Or. (Coos Bay) numerous times that they have a shower I can use. Is that a hint?
Arrived here yesterday afternoon and was greeted at Coos Bay Aviation by Dana. Dana is a lineman that also is in the Coast Guard and has just soloed. Congratulations, Dana. Dana gave me directions to the beach. I was loaned a car by Coos Bay Aviation and spent the afternoon visiting the coast and sticking my feet in the Pacific. Really beautiful area. Pics soon. I came back about 3PM and was asked by Hiedi Sause if I stuck my feet in the Pacific. Hiedi is the wife of the owner of the FBO. I was debating on flying off to somewhere else but the weather was starting to turn and,as usual, I really had no plan. Cory, Hiedi's daughter asked if she could get me a room at the Mill Casino. While this was happening a couple came in from Vancouver, BC and asked about camping. Hiedi offered to put them up on their farm outside of town. I asked if I could do that too and she said, "Sure". I didn't want to impose but she said she did this all the time and her husband wouldn't mind. The other couple decided not to go there so I was solo. After a short drive we arrived at the beautiful Sause farm. I was invited for dinner and hung out with Dale, Hiedi's husband, Hiedi's parents,Don and Gloria,and Kurt, the mechanic here. Dinner was great. Steak and chicken, potatoes, salad and really nice conversation. Slept in my tent by the barn. Slept really well. Now I am back at the ariport waiting for the weather to clear a bit.
There is so much to say about the Sauses. I could go on, and on. They are really some of the nicest, kindest and most interesting people I have ever met. Great, great people.
I have some great pictures and will post them ASAP. Hey everyone have a nice weekend. I'm off to the Spruce Goose and then on to Sandpoint, Idaho. Aloha.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



2nd July 2006

from mom
glad to hear you're meeting some really nice people. looking forward to seeing you soon love ya......

Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb