Fort Stevens Camping Trip, Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Warrenton
July 7th 2010
Published: July 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I was the first to get up around 6:30 and the sun already started to shine. I started fire and the girls woke up around 7. We cooked some pancakes (from a mix I made on Monday) and fried up some smart bacon (yes, 'smart' bacon).

The first daily activity was to go to Battery Russell... it's an abandoned Army battery used during World War II... here's some history about it. After playing around in the small rooms (yes, it was pretty creepy) we headed back to the camp site to start the clean-up.

On the way back in Emma found a playground that provided instant entertainment while Megan picked up the campsite. This was short lived for Emma and was followed up with numerous requests to go back to the beach.

After we were fully packed we headed up to Area A where there wasn't a single person on the beach! Emma built a sandcastle and Megan read more of her David Sedaris book.

We played at the beach for awhile... Emma found some new friends and went way out into the ocean with Megan.

We then went back to the original beach (where the Peter Iredale is) and ended Fort Stevens.

We drove to Seaside for a late lunch and headed back to Portland.


...



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb