Oregon 2018 Sisters Town


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Sisters
September 15th 2018
Published: September 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Oregon 2018. Sisters Town
Day off cycling today so wandered around town looking at the many art and craft shops typical of any tourist town. The bike shop got the most interest with a lot of purchasing going on and bartering with the owner. The girls seemed to get the better hand of their husbands and walked away with bulging bags of clothing whilst the men walked away with hardware. Sisters is typical of any American town with wide roads diagonal parking on either side and single story shops with false high fronts. Coffee shops, restaurants, bakeries and cafes enough to fatten up any passer by. Much interest was shown in the antique shops with old kitchen ranges and cowboy boots, plus much interesting steel sculptures made from scrap farm mowing machines etc. We went into an art shop which had a wonderful carving of a Red Tailed Hawk just like the one we saw earlier in the day fly into a nearby tree. In the evening some of us walked 2 miles to the cinema on the edge of town, without my sciatica causing grief. The Sisters Movie House was showing a funny film called A Simple Favour about a couple of women and a husband, one of the women who was conniving murderer. We took our evening meal at the Three Creeks Brewery opposite then walking back along Highway 20 in the dark into motorists who never see pedestrians on the road. Unnerving for all of us. Tomorrow should be a good day and we may even see the girls in their new Lycra.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement





Tot: 0.549s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb