Coastal Love


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Seaside
August 17th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

NewlywedsNewlywedsNewlyweds

Meche & Ryan walk down the beach with their dog after the ceremony.
There's no better reason than a friend's wedding to take a road trip, especially when it means heading to the beach.

Jeremy and I battled traffic getting out of Seattle's 90+ degree heat and headed to the much cooler North Oregon Coast for the weekend to attend Meche and Ryan's wedding. The wedding itself was touching and fun, complete with the crowd performing a rousing rendition of "Here Comes The Bride" with kazoos. That's right-- I said kazoos. The coast was covered by a misty fog that made it hard to see a few hundred feet down the sand, but it felt like we had the whole beach to ourselves. The reception was just as fantastic-- how can you beat a back-yard barbeque complete with home-made rasberry wine and microbrewed beer in mason jars? Jeremy even loved the band so much that he bought their CDs and danced. (If anyone has photographic evidence of this, let me know!)

Overall amazing wedding, fun people, and a great party. Congrats Meche & Ryan! I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Jeremy & JenJeremy & Jen
Jeremy & Jen

Guests carried red umbrellas down to the beach.
CeremonyCeremony
Ceremony

Making it official.
Fun friendsFun friends
Fun friends

For the record, Table 1 really was the best.
Kintea and JenKintea and Jen
Kintea and Jen

Seattle U. alums were in full effect.
Seaside beachSeaside beach
Seaside beach

Gratuitous Oregon coast beach scene.


18th August 2008

Beautiful!
Wow! What a great wedding! I love the photos and the mist makes it look really, really cool!

Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb