30 hours to finish packing


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Salem
April 20th 2012
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.95, -123.02

Buonasera!

This is a quick launch of our 25th Anniversary Trip to Italy blog and it's nice to have you along as a cyber travel companion.

If you'd rather not be part of the blog notification e-mails, let me know ASAP and I'll spare you the travelogues. Rick Steves I'm not!

Sharon and I depart PDX Sunday AM for Florence (Firenze), Tuscany, Italy by way of Phoenix, Philadelphia, and Brussels . . . the cheap fare milk run. At least it will give us plenty of opportunity for getting up and down and walking around. Ashley and Charlie will be holding down the fort in Salem, with a little help from neighbors Darlene and Melissa, who don't seem the least bit phased by Charlie's thunderous, roof-raising barking.

We arrive in Florence (which is 9 hours ahead of Pacific Daylight Time) Monday afternoon, April 23, take the train into Santa Maria Novella station in the central city, and then walk the last half mile past the Duomo (the main cathedral) to our Florentine B&B, base camp for the first four days before heading south for Siena.

How much and how well we communicate between Salem and Florence will depend on Wi-Fi hotspots and down time. Until then, ciao!

Mike and Sharon

Advertisement



21st April 2012

Bonjourno Have a wonderful trip
21st April 2012

Could you find out if there are any houses to rent in Tuscany?
21st April 2012

YEAH!!! Can't wait to read updates padres! nblamey@yahoo.com is Nate's email, he would like to receive updates as well!kate.bednarek1 is my skype name too!
21st April 2012

Joe:Si. Thissa one. Two million lira. Capiche?Giggio
21st April 2012

Have a great time you guys! Can't wait for the updates and pictures of the beautiful landscape. Drink a little wine for us!
22nd April 2012

Wow this trip is long overdue and much deserved can't wait to read and follow your Italian getaway. Sir Charles and me are going to watch The Descendants and I'm gonna eat some Trader Joe's kettle corn and relax.
22nd April 2012

Thanks for the dining recs, Sharon! Eating and drinking and gelato are high on our list. Both of those restaurants are recommended on TripAdvisor, so we'll move them to the top of our list . . . and get there early.Chow . . . oops, I mean
ciao!
22nd April 2012

Have a wonderful time!

Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb