Over the hill with the Cascades in sight!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Redmond
August 12th 2018
Published: August 13th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today was a really great bicycle day for both of us.
We rose early knowing we had 67 miles to ride for the day.

At 0630 we started out with a downhill for about four miles and then began a serious climb for another twelve miles until we topped Ochoco pass (4592’). It was a pretty consistent 5-6% all the way to the top.

As we were snacking and enjoying the summit, young Issac from Boston joined us at the top. We took some pictures together and then set off to finish the ride.

Once over the summit, it was a glorious downhill day to Prineville where we stopped for a quick lunch.

I loved the Ponderosa Forests along the way.

From that point, we left the Trans America Bike Route to make our way to Redmond.

Although it was a necessity, we really didn’t enjoy the ride because of the heavy traffic!

So, we loved the ride to Prineville and put up with the last 18 miles to Redmond.

However, we are here safe and have made the most of our last day together.

We went into downtown Redmond, enjoyed a beer and ate a wonderful dinner at Diego’s Spirited Kitchen.

It was a great dinner!

After almost two great weeks of riding together, Bruce is flying back to San Diego tomorrow morning.

Bruce joined me in Missoula, Montana, and I have really appreciated the opportunity to share these last 11 days with a pal.

Tomorrow I will be back solo to enjoy the wonders of the Cascades.





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

No shoulder to this road.No shoulder to this road.
No shoulder to this road.

Our ride took us through the Ochooco Forest


15th August 2018

Keep Pedaling
Hi Bob, I know it’s so much easier with a friend to chat with. But you’re almost there. Keep going my friend. I’m so proud of you...
15th August 2018

Keep Pedaling
Hi Bob, I know it’s so much easier with a friend to chat with. But you’re almost there. Keep going my friend. I’m so proud of you...

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb