Mike and Sharon along the Wild Atlantic Way / Ireland October 2018


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
October 11th 2018
Published: November 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Woke at 2:00am Dublin time, left our B&B at 3:00am in order to drop off the rental car.

At the gate for our flight to Amsterdam all checked in. Now breathe.

Ended up with lots of room on this flight, too. When looking at seating charts last night, only the last row — the VERY last row by the bathrooms and the galley — was available. Thought we were going to be sardined for the 10-hour flight, the two middle seats of the middle section of four.

But no! The two seats to the outside of us never did fill, so we moved out and both of us have an aisle and lots of personal space.

Woo hoo! Simple pleasures and reasons to rejoice at the end of a long 12-day vacation.

Just watched an HBO special on Robin Williams, Come Inside My Mind. Fantastic! Made me laugh so hard I was crying, made me cry, too.

Sharon watched Adrift again. Now we’re both going to watch On Chesil Beach.

28 minutes to landing PDX

The travelers have landed! No sign of baby up north in Seattle, so we headed home to unpack, pick up our pups, and nap.

Slainte!

PS: Two hours after arriving in Salem, got the call from Kate that she was headed for the hospital in labor, so we grabbed our 'go' bags, drove out to pick up the dogs, and made a beeline for Seattle, stopping twice for naps along the way out of sheer exhaustion. Emmett James Blamey was born at 7:32am the next morning! So thoughtful of him (and Kate) to wait until we were home from our trip!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb