Two Day Entry.....Through Basins and Over Mountains for 300 miles - Very Little Humanity but Just Beautiful! Crossed the Snake River to our Campground in Idaho


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Ontario
August 14th 2013
Published: August 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

August 14, 2013 Wednesday

Travel to Fruitland, Idaho today, goodbye Oregon. At 10 a.m. it’s all ready 75 degrees, but low humidity. We lose an hour today.

Haha, we pass through a town called Brothers on the way. First there’s Sisters, now Brothers.

Passed an enticing sign:

Antelope - $495.00. Hmmm, maybe we should buy some to take home. Oh, but there’s no delivery! Scratch that!

No highway driving today today, all good back roads though. Seeing few towns or cities, lots of mesas, hills, and high desert country.

At 1:30 we set our watches ahead to 2:30 MDT. Passing lots of ranches with sheep, cows, horses, goats, cattle on a thousand hills… Fields of corn, onions, and chard.

4 P.M., welcome to Idaho. 96 degrees at 4:30, yikes.

August 15, 2013 Thursday

A catch up day for us here in Fruitland, Idaho. Will got the truck and trailer all washed and Marge did some laundry. We also got some more cool weather clothes put away for the rest of the trip. Our campsite has lots of trees and we are in the shade. This really helps with the A/C keeping up.

After lunch we did some reading and E mails to catch up with friends and family. Also got ready to leave tomorrow for Massacre Rocks SP, still in Idaho.

A real lazy day with some news and a movie to end the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



15th August 2013

Hooray
You REALLY did decide to head home????
16th August 2013

Brothers and Sisters, unite!
Okay, on to Uncles and Aunts, I guess... Love trlr pics! Did you remember your horse? I like the idea of Antelope in your yard. You may need them to get rid of all the weeds....
18th August 2013

Accept a big word of thanks for taking the time out of your involved travel schedule to send Karl and me an anniverary card, along with a personal note. That was well beyond the call of duty to extend these wishes to us when you are so-o far from home. How much we appreciate your thoughtfulness!! We are so much enjoying your memorable trip by reading your fascinating commentaries, complete with beautiful pictures. You are the ultimate travel guides!!! Wishing you safety as you head east to GA.

Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0873s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb