Oregon Coast Visit


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Lincoln City
September 9th 2012
Published: September 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The four of us had a pleasant three-day trip to the Oregon coast. Unfortunately the weather was not terribly cooperative. We had expected to see sunsets and maybe whale spouts, but instead a blanket of fog obscured most of the ocean. Still, the ladies enjoyed shopping at the outlet mall and visiting the casinos. As for me, I mostly read, using the iPad to access digital books.

Lincoln City is home to the world's shortest river. This is the D River and I took a picture of it in its entire length. While I was standing there, the tsunami warning siren sounded. Just as I was thinking about heading to higher ground, it stopped. I assume that it was a test, but I can tell you that I had visions of the imminent arrival of a very large wave.

On the way home to Portland, we stopped in Tillamook for lunch and then the Tillamook Creamery for ice cream. It always amazes me how busy the creamery is. Their ice cream is very good, but every tourist that passes within 5 miles of Tillamook must go there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.325s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb