Going To The Sea Horse


Advertisement
Published: May 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After picking Emma and Sebastian up from school we dropped them off at Ricks and hit the road to Lincoln City.

Heading slightly south and eventually getting on Oregon Highway 18 we were on our way.

About the mid-point we saw signs warning of a car wreck... which lead us to a detour of going 45 minutes out of our way. On the up-side we got to see another highway and we listened to a whole Modest Mouse album in it's entirety.

After following many detour signs (and seeing a few other cities, like Hebo) we eventually made it to Highway 101. We drove south for about 20 miles and eventually made it to our destination of the Sea Horse Motel.

We dropped off our stuff and were super hungry. We walked about a mile, mostly on side streets, to Gallucci's Pizza. We split an 8 inch pineapple, tomato and olive pizza and we each had a small self-serve salad bar. The pizza was pretty good, either that or it was average and we were both super hungry. One thing is for sure, Gallucci's is where the locals hang out.

We walked back to the hotel on the main strip, which just happens to be Highway 101, and watched a documentary about National Parks on Netflix. We then took a walk out to the stairs that descend to the beach and watched the stars. It was breathtaking being between land and the ocean with very little else around us... and no one on the beach.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb