Cape Arago Loop
The lighthouse begins the adventure along the loop
Today was our first day to explore the coast...all along the Cape Arago Loop. The Loop explores 3 state parks, has the largest haul-out of seals and sea lions, and provides breathtaking vantage points all along the way.
• Bastendorff Beach - A favorite among surfers & kiters for its uninterrupted beach.
• Sunset Bay State Park - Sandy beach & amazing tidepools all protected by towering sea cliffs.
• Shore Acres State Park - The jewel of the coast. It is perched on a scenic bluff high above the Pacific Ocean. It began as a private estate with luxurious gardens featuring trees, shrubs, and flowering plants from around the world.
• Simpson Beach - Situated directly below Shore Acres, a winding path takes you to this secluded ocean cove where you will find crashing waves and views of hundreds of seals and sea lions.
• Cape Arago State Park - At the end of the Cape Arago Highway.
We ended the day with dinner at a charming little restaurant in Charleston. We had breaded cod and sweet potato fries and fried clams...YUM!! The restaurant had a posting board. If you wanted to buy a drink for your friend and the
Wide, long beach area is a favorite among surfers & kiters
friend wasn't currently at the pub, you could pay for it and POST IT on the board. The next time the friend came in he would check the board to see who bought him a drink. It was a very friendly pub.
The lady next to us wanted to know if all 3 of us were sisters. Before we could reply, Mom exclaimed "Of Course!!"
Tot: 1.244s; Tpl: 0.062s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:saturn w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.3mb