Astoria, Tillamook, and Columbia Gorge


Advertisement
Published: April 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Astoria, Tillamook, and Columbia Gorge

 North America » United States » Oregon » Columbia River Gorge » Cascade Locks By Danielle and Paul
April 16th 2007 And we're off!!
We've reached Oregon, which means we added another state to our sticky map that displays all of the states in our main camper window. Washington, and now Oregon!

We started way up in the northwest corner, at Astoria. The "astoria column" (woohoo!) was the official first stop on our trip, which we had to pay a $1 yearly parking fee to see. good thing too, i'm sure if we go back a couple more times it'll pay off...😉 it was a cute little historic fishing town, which we left behind to amble down the coast to Tillamook. The feature here was the Tillamook Cheese Factory, where we saw them making and packaging cheese. Chimpmonk cheek-style, the free samples were enjoyed and we were off again toward our site for tomorrow. A couple of hours of driving later, we were setting up camp just before dark in Columbia Gorge. Lots of hiking and waterfalls to see tomorrow, so off to bed!

Enjoy the pictures of the happy caravan of Paul and I with Rummy and Echo in the truck, the Column, the Cheese Factory, and some of the things we saw from the road!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb