Rainy Day Blog


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sitting here waiting for our warm pizza here at Rainy Cannon Beach!

Before the rain set in last night we had a few awesome days touring LOTS of beaches along the Oregon coast. They are endless and simply amazing. A short lush green walk through rain forest like mossy trees leads into a sandy beach outlined by rocky cliffs that fall out into a surfers heaven. The waves are big and plentiful, and as we walked along the beach we followed a fresh water stream that lead into the ocean, crossing the stream the tide pools are very colorful (makes me miss my Moody Beach cousins!) and as the beach comes to an end- another large rocky cliff with a flowing waterfall.

Kona has created a new seat for herself in the van- the center console! Making sure to keep a close eye out for water and alerting us to stop at EVERY one! She is surely a water dog!! And we don't seem to mind our frequent stops to entertain. The beaches are beautiful.

We have a pretty nice camp set up for rain, our kitchen fits right inside our screen house and it makes for a little "home" to hide out in away from the elements. It rained pretty hard last night but we hunkered in the van and stayed warm and dry, but looks like a few rainy days ahead of us- the joys of a road trip!

...still trying to decide where to go next! Plan was to follow the Columbia river up and around into Portland Oregon, but with a 100% rainy forecast for the next 4 days we may re-think things!

xoxo S*


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



22nd May 2013

cannon beach and point break the movie
the final scene in point break was filmed on cannon beach. the 50 year storm patric saw zee, and keanno reeves.
22nd May 2013

Photo's
Image # 2079 is going to need a frame. Nice shot!
22nd May 2013

Keep an eye out for vampires and werewolves! I hear the werewolves are particularly large. Oh yea and the vampires can come out during the day. You can identify them by their glistening skin. Have fun!!

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb