Old Friends


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » Weatherford
July 17th 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.5261, -98.7072

Erin wanted to be at the airport by 9 a.m. so we picked her up and got there quickly. After dropping her off, we went back to our hotel for breakfast and to check out leaving about 11:30. We went to the Outlet Shoppes to look around and picked up a pair of gloves for our winter trip. Stopped for lunch at BJs just outside the mall.

We left to go to Weatherford about 12:30 and called Brad and Jeanine to let them know that we were on the way. It is so nice to spend time with them, friends since about 1976. We don't get together often enough, but I always find it so easy to be around them. Wish we could see them more.

During the afternoon, we went to the Stafford Air & Space Museum which is located at Weatherford's Thomas P. Stafford Airport. It has an amazing collection of artifacts from Stafford's career as an astronaut and other flight related memorabilia. Really a gem in the small town of Weatherford.

We are spending the night at their home after Jeanine fed us a great pot roast dinner with cherry pie and ice cream for dessert--a perfect American menu after all the foreign food we have had over the last month. We head home tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb