Heading Toward Texas...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » Tulsa
April 1st 2007
Published: April 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Left for Tusla, Oklahoma on Palm Sunday...with plans to visit family near the Texas/Oklahoma border on the way to Amarillo, Texas. The drive from St. Louis to Oklahoma was beautiful...limestone borderd the highway with trees blooming into spring. We saw lots of Red Bud trees (with their purple flowers) and the vistas were spectacular. Kind of got a hint of what the Ozarks may have in store...if we ever do a trip!

Stayed overnight in Tulsa and headed out early the next day to see Mimi (Elaine, my mother); Grandpa (the girls' great grandfather); and Uncle Paul Preston at the "farm" in Whitesboro, Texas. We were looking forward to a little afternoon visit -- and then pressing on to our destination...Amarillo, Texas.

Uncle Paul's farm is a wild and wooly place. On most visits you can expect to find an assortment of donkeys/mules/ginney's. chickens, horses and dogs. This time we encountered three "special" doggies -- Leroy, Speedy and Ginger. Hogan and Leroy broke out in a bit of a dog fight... only problem was that Emily was in the middle of it and ended up having to get four stitches to close a puncture on her thigh...ouch. She was very brave and "bit the bullet" as she got stitched up...Emily has a permanent reminder of her trip through Texas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb