Almost on our Way


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio
June 8th 2012
Published: June 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was very busy but the packing is done (even my new jeans arrived in time for me to shorten them a bit and pack them) and we leave for the airport in an hour or so. I managed to get most of my work stuff in order before leaving (well guess I'll know if that's true when I get back) and then we had to drop off a couple of Lasagna's that John made on Wed for a church project. John's still trying to find a hat but my guess is that he'll end up having to buy one on the trip as usual. Other than that just need to pack up this laptop before we leave.



Our hotel for tonight is near the airport and we had originally planned to go downtown for dinner. But there have been some demonstrations going on in Montreal and it's also the weekend of their grande prix so I think we're going to try and find something near the airport instead.



We're looking forward to getting on the ship tomorrow and see what our cabin is like. We booked an inside guarantee and were originally assigned a cabin on the Main deck near the rear elevators so that seemed like a good spot. Wed we got a notice they'd changed our cabin and we were upgraded to a Lanai cabin. Pretty good upgrade so that was nice. This is a new type of cabin they've done on a few ships on the Lower Promenade deck (the one where you can walk around the ship outside) where they've replaced the window with sliding doors so we have direct access to the deck. And the 2 deck chairs by it are supposed to be reserved for us so we'll see how that works. There's a lot of controversy about them not being available for everyone like before. We'd probably never book this type of cabin but it will be interesting to see how we like it. Will be a great one for the lifeboat drill that's for sure.



Well guess I'll get this packed up and finish getting ready to go.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.476s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb