Biking North Coast Inland Trail in Ohio


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Elyria
July 10th 2016
Published: July 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

NOrth Coast Inland Trail

Elyria to Kipton

Biking Ohio's NORTH COAST INLAND TRAIL (ELYRIA to Kipton portion)




The Kipton to Elyria Trail is 22 km (13.7 miles from Elyria to Kipton Ohio and is part of the 105 km North Coast Inland Trail.







In Elyria you can get to the trailhead at: 130 Woodford Ave, GPS N 41.363247, W-82.118462, zip 44035.




From the parking lot you have to ride on the sidewalk for a few hundred metres. At W 3d street turn left and go up a slight hill to cross the bridge. You will be riding facing traffic but on a very WIDE lane, so it is not as difficult as it may seem. As you go down the other side of the bridge the trail picks up on the left. Basically just stay left as you leave the parking lot until you hit the trail. No street crossings needed.





The trail is fairly shaded and passes rolling farmland with farm animals in the fields and an abundance of bird life. A few km after starting there is a covered shelter with a picnic bench.





In the college town of Oberlin there is a restored train depot with a water fountain. If picking up the trail in Oberlin look for McDonalds.






Past the rail depot there is a golf course on the right and soon the trail ends at a county road. The trail is well marked and traffic is light. In Kipton there is another restored depot and a plaque commemorating a great train wreck. From this wreck and the aftermath we get the expression “on the ball!”


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb