Lisa and Al's Wedding


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Cleveland
October 16th 2010
Published: October 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The wedding started promptly at 5.15pm and by the time we had arrived Al (the groom) was looking far more relaxed than he had for the past few days!

With the boys all dressed up looking handsome we all took our seats. Lisa arrived on time and as you will see from the photos looked radiant. After an exchange of vows and some lovely I do’s they were married and looked as pleased as punch with each other.

Now, these Americans know how to drink. The bar was stacked full of hard liquor which was being tucked into the moment after the ‘I do’s’ were done!! And talk about strong…even I had to ask the barman ‘please could you put more orange juice in my vodka and orange’!!!

The kiwi contingent was full of life, showing those American’s and Italians how to sing with our rendition of pokarekare ana which really left the rest of the room looking slightly confused and a little scared I feel. But anyway, good to have a kiwi flavour to the wedding!

We boogied the night away with the Jerry Springer lookalike DJ and shared the dance floor nicely with Lisa’s American and Italian families.

An American wedding tradition is a cookie and coffee/tea table. Idea being that you pack yourself a box of cookies to take away with you and have a cup of tea or coffee before you leave. Great we thought, so attempted to make a cuppa in the usual manner. Unfortunately it tasted like creamy dishwater. Americans don’t get tea.

Great night had by all 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



18th October 2010

Wedding
Hi Richie and Paula, You two sound like you are having a fantastic time! Wish I'd heard Pokarekare Ana, good on you. I hear you've already been to Niagra, so looking forward to those pics. Did you go down into the mist on a boat - and get thoroughly wet? I'm really enjoying your stories, always a bright start to the day. Love M/C

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb