Ernie's Garage, Zoo Animals, and Swimming


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Cincinnati
July 8th 2016
Published: July 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 11 - Thursday, July 7, 2016

Indian Springs Campground to Elsmere, KY to Cincinnati, OH Zoo

Geoff and I woke up and got early morning showers, packed up the RV campsite and rolled down the highway back into Kentucky to find a rental car and Ernie’s Garage. God had a better idea! Brad from Ernie’s Garage called us right as we were headed to Enterprise Car Rental and he said, “We have the part! Come on over and we’ll fix it right away. Don’t waste money on a rental!” And we said, “Yes, sir!” Thank you again for all your sweet prayers! God continues to show His faithful, caring hand for us every single day!

We hung out with Brad in the office while Phillip fixed our rig and we learned that Cincinnati is the mecca for Chili. Skyline, Gold Star, and Dixie’s Chili are some of the chain restaurants around. It’s Greek style - no beans - but you can add them if you like. Well, after all the chili talk, now Geoff was hungry for chili at 10am Eastern Standard Time. Who knew we’d drive all the way to Ohio to find delicious chili?!

Brad and Phillip were wonderful! They got us back on the road in less than an hour - just like they said. THANK YOU, ERNIE’S GARAGE! Now, off to the Cincinnati Zoo. We also learned this area is called the “Tri-State” area. So of course our children were in awe. “No way - like Phineas and Ferb?” Pretty cool! The zoo was excellent. We watched an entertaining bird show and enjoyed seeing many varieties of creatures. Pearl and I brushed goats at the petting zoo. The meerkats in the African lands were hilarious! And we were super close to the giraffes - they’re fascinating! The zoo has a tender memorial up honoring Harambe the gorilla’s life. Thank you, Cincinnati Zoo! We're glad to be members!

And thank you to Mom and Dad Glass for sponsoring a night at a hotel for our family. We drove to Covington, KY Embassy Suites - right across the Ohio River from the Cincinnati Bengals Football Stadium - fun stuff! We played in the swimming pool and went on a hike to find…you guessed it - some chili! Then showers and bedtime for all! Jaedon and Kai stayed up half the night nerping - laughing uncontrollably 😊 It was music to my ears! Thank you Sweet Jesus for laughter and for singing over us! (And for a two room suite to stretch out in! It was glorious!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb