Cincinnatian Hotel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Cincinnati
March 25th 2013
Published: March 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

March 21, 2013



Built 130 years ago in 1882, The Cincinnatian Hotel, was our get-a-way room for the night. It was originally named the Palace Hotel.



We were visiting the new Horseshoe Cincinnati Casino in Cincinnati, and since they don’t have a hotel on site, they comped us a room at The Cincinnatian. There are other hotels in the city that have partnered with the Horseshoe, but after staying here I don’t think we’ll go anywhere else.



From the beautiful lobby to our actual room, the hotel was 1st Class. I don’t remember being issued an actual key in years. Don’t keep this one as a souvenir, though, it will cost you $50!



We were in room 513. It actually looked like a bedroom. In fact, the entire room (remodeled, of course) didn’t have that “tired, I’ve been slept in a thousand times before” feeling. The wood floor was covered with two area rugs. There were two comfy arm chairs facing the large bureau and television for those who prefer sitting rather than lounging in bed to read or watch TV. And a chocolate chip cookie on the end table! (Two would have been better, but we shared.)



In the lighted closet there was an ironing board and iron along with two bathrobes and plenty of hangers. Complimentary high-speed internet is available.



There was a mini-bar (which we NEVER touch) and real glassware (2 stemmed glasses, and in the bathroom, 2 small tumblers). If the high-off-the-floor comfortable bed wasn’t enough, the bathroom is the size of a small apartment. In it you will find a deep spa tub, lighted vanity, and a huge double shower that must be at least 7’ long with rain shower heads and a rain bar at EACH end! All the fixtures are what I’d call contemporary. And did I mention the radiant heated tile floor!!! Oh, by the way, the towels weren’t see thru either…nice and soft!



Can you tell we loved our first stay at The Cincinnatian Hotel (and no we weren’t paid to write this).



The hotel staff was all friendly and made you feel extremely welcome. There is complimentary coffee from about 5:30 AM-8 PM. They have a restaurant and bar named Crickets on site which we did not visit.



It’s less than a ten minute drive from the hotel to the casino, with both being located in downtown Cincinnati. The Horseshoe also offers a complementary shuttle.



If you’re going to be staying in Cincinnati either for business or pleasure, check out their website for rates. We don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.311s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb