Day 3 - Billings, MT - Fargo, ND


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Dakota » Fargo
August 2nd 2013
Published: August 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today was a long drive kind of day. We left the hotel at 4:30am and headed for Fargo. We had about 8.5 hours and 650 miles in front of us. When dawn approached, it was beautiful out on the prairie. The colors were amazing.

The evening before in Billings, we had a severe thunder alert. We were told to stay indoors and not to go out at all. There were golf ball size hail, 70mph winds, funnel clouds and thunder. We never saw any lightening. It reminded me of when were in a storm in Lafayette but not as bad.

But I digress....

Anyway, we drove for miles and miles and miles. We happened upon a sign for the “World’s Largest Holstein Cow”. We decided to pull over and check it out. We are glad we did! We had the best view of area from the hilltop and were able to have our picture taken with a huge Holstein replica. It was great! J

We noticed that across the entire state of North Dakota we did not see one cop! I mean in 350 miles, not one. In this state the speed limit on the freeway is 75mph. Everyone was going at least 80 and most people seemed to be towing something. We watched as trailers were being towed down the freeway and hopping all over the place. We witnessed two semi trucks cruising with one another at over 85mph. They passed us and we never saw them again. Also, of note, the people in this state understand the “Keep right to pass” or “Slower vehicles use the left lane” directions. We did not come across ONE person that rode in the fast lane and held traffic up. It has been great!

We are now in Fargo and enjoying a nice day out on the patio. The kids are good and enjoyed a game of basketball with some kids close to the town of Bismarck. They were in awe that we were from “Eugene” and they love the “Ducks”! The one kid just kept asking Megan what is what like to live there. She thought that was pretty funny.

Tomorrow we are headed for the Mississippi Headwater State Park and then on to Wisconsin where we are staying on Lake Superior.

Until tomorrow.....

Total States Visited: 4


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb