Best Family Activities for an Inner Banks Vacation


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina
September 23rd 2016
Published: September 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

The Inner Banks is one of the best-kept secrets in the Carolinas. This quiet area of North Carolina offers an expansive waterfront that is surrounded by wooded land. This is the ideal place for water-based activities far from the crowds of the more beach-centric Outer Banks. If you're planning an Inner Banks vacation, here are some of the activities you can enjoy as you are there.

Fishing in the Albemarle Sound

One of the distinguishing features of the Inner Banks region is the number of waterfront communities it holds, and many of those sit on the spectacular Albemarle Sound. Whether you sit on the shore and cast your line in or head out on a boat, you'll find excellent fishing on this large estuary. Because it transitions from saltwater near the ocean to freshwater at its heart, you’ll find a number of fish here. Striped bass, largemouth bass and crappie are common in all parts of the Sound, and in the main basin you'll find flounder, weakfish and red drum.

Kayaking and Boating

The Albemarle Sound is known for its quiet, calm waters, which make kayaking and boating a pleasure. Take out your watercraft for a quiet, relaxing
time on the water, and drink in the sight of tree-lined shores. With the many waterways that branch off from the main body of water, you'll have ample opportunities to explore the region. If you don't bring your boat or kayak with you, you'll find a number of charters and rental options along the shore.

Water Sports

In addition to boating, the waters of the Inner Banks region are ideal for faster-paced water sports. Rent a Jets Ski, grab some water skis or take a tube out behind your boat for an adrenaline-pumping time on the water.

Land-Based Activities

Life in the Inner Banks does revolve around the water, but that doesn't mean it only offers water based activities. On land, the wooded countryside is the ideal place to take a hike, set up a campfire or enjoy the tree-lined beaches of the Sound. When you are done with your time on the water, you'll also find golf courses, eclectic shopping and historic sites to explore on land.

As you can see, the Inner Banks makes the ideal vacation getaway for those craving a quieter time and a natural area to explore. Plan your vacation today!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.407s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb