Going West Day 1


Advertisement
Published: August 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Last year was our 40th wedding anniversary. I borrowed an idea from Dianne Sperber, changed directions, and went East on I-40 to the end in Wilmington,NC for a long weekend, with R of course. It made sense to go East since we were married in India.
This year, our son Roshan is getting married to Nenuca in CA, so we are headed West on I-40. Instead of flying to SFO, we ended up having to drive in order to have a 12 passenger van to the west coast to carry out R's dream vacation with family. More about that later.
Having checked off all items on multiple checklists made in the past few days, we picked up a Ford Transit from GSO, came home, loaded the van and set off at 11 am. R is happy with the way the van drives and handles. I am happy with the leg space in front for my backpack and my feet. And the view from a high seat.
We've had a few patches of very heavy rain, some patches of light rain and sunshine after 6 pm. The drive through the Smoky Mtn. And Appalachian ranges was so uplifting with various hues of
Tennessee River Kentucky LakeTennessee River Kentucky LakeTennessee River Kentucky Lake

Seriously, that's what the sign said before we crossed the bridge!
forest green and rocky outcroppings at every turn.
We got through downtown Nashville with a little traffic congestion. Our SatNav had shown us driving 480 mi to our first stop in Jackson TN, but we don't know which satellite it connected with to calculate the distance, since we drove close to 600 miles to HoJo.
Stopped to eat at 'Tullum' a charming Mexican place that R had looked up as the best place to eat in Jackson. The reviews were right - great food,especially the variety of salsas.
Good day 1 of heading west!

Advertisement



19th August 2015

WAY TO GO !!!!!
We can relate to this part of your trip as Anna had taken us on this route to visit Indu.

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb