Visit from Wayne & Rhonda


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We were planning on going to Virginia to visit Don's ex-brother-in-law Wayne and his family but they decided to come to Charlotte to see us instead. Wayne and Rhonda arrived on Thursday morning and we all headed to the NASCAR Hall of Fame. We are not big NASCAR fans but we enjoyed spending time with Wayne and Rhonda. The Hall of Fame is done nicely and has a lot of history as well as interactive things so they keep it interesting for everyone. Friday was spent going around to some of the garages in the area to see the cars and then Wayne and Rhonda spent the afternoon at the Billy Graham Library while we took some time off and got things ready to have them over for a BBQ. We had a nice dinner and visit. Saturday their son Zach and his family were returning from a trip to Florida and were passing through so they stopped and we all had lunch together in the campground. It was nice to see everyone again and get a good visit in before they had to head back home.

Now here is where things get really weird: My niece Andrea called me
Track insideTrack insideTrack inside

This is a replica of the cars running the track inside the Hall of Fame.
to let me know that her dad, my brother, was going to be flying to Charlotte on Sunday for a conference so I should try and hook up with him if we were still going to be in town. After a few texts, we made arrangements to get together Sunday night before we left on Monday and have dinner. It is so ironic that we live 40 miles from each other, haven't seen him for a year and a half, and then we are both in North Carolina at the same time. What are the odds of that? I totally embarrassed him by having the lady at the table next to us take a picture of all of us for the blog. He was like, "Karen, what are you doing?" I said, "I want a picture for my blog because no one is ever going to believe that we came all the way to North Carolina to have dinner!" By the way, I told the lady the whole story too. Her response was, "You came all the way here and you are eating Mexican food? You should have at least gone to a good Soul Food restaurant!" We had a great visit and of course we promised to see each other more often.

We are leaving for the Pigeon Forge, Gaitlinburg, Tennessee area in the morning. We are ready for some new scenery. Hope all is well with everyone. 😊K


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Hendrick Motor GargaeHendrick Motor Gargae
Hendrick Motor Gargae

Rick Hendrick is in the middle and then two of his drivers, Jimmy Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. are on either side of him. His other two drivers are Jeff Gordon and Kasey Kahne.
JJ's car inside Hendrick'sJJ's car inside Hendrick's
JJ's car inside Hendrick's

This is one of Jimmy Johnson's cars that the mechanics were working on at Hendrick's motors. There was a whole garage full of cars. He must have a whole lotta $$$$$.
Gordon's car in GarageGordon's car in Garage
Gordon's car in Garage

This is the other half of the garage at Hendrick motors. You can see one of Gordon's cars in the back.
JJ's winning car from daytonaJJ's winning car from daytona
JJ's winning car from daytona

This is Jimmy Johnson's winning car from Dayton last year. You can see the confetti all over it.
Dinner w/ Dave in CharlotteDinner w/ Dave in Charlotte
Dinner w/ Dave in Charlotte

Here is the proof we were all here together! Now we have to decide where we are going to travel to next to have dinner.......
Carolina StadiumCarolina Stadium
Carolina Stadium

I took this picture of the stadium for my grandson Jamison because he is a Carolina Panther fan.


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb