Day 39 to 44 Chapel Hill, North Carolina Go Heels!


Advertisement
Published: August 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

For the last few days of the trip, we were settling Vanessa in at school in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. When we first arrived at her apartment building, we were horrified because the building was poorly designed and there was absolutely no security at the entrance to the building. There were little places where people could just hide behind and just mug you because you didn’t see them there. But we found her a nice apartment in another building, and it was a lot safer. Now she is living there with her two close friends.

While we were there, we also hung out with my Aunt Amy, Uncle Joaquin, and constantly growing cousin Iago, who is so cute! Once we ate cupcakes at a cupcakery called Bliss. They sell about six different kinds of cupcakes including vegan cupcakes. I had a vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting and little sprinkles. It was so tasty, the frosting was so smooth and the cupcake wasn’t mushy, but it wasn’t hard as rock, either. I would love to eat there again!

Joaquin and I got to take Iago to his first day of daycare, I think the same day as the day we ate at Bliss. I think they made a great choice by enrolling Iago, because the people who work there were so friendly to the toddlers, and they have so much time and space to play with all the toys. The little toddlers were so adorable! I think and hope Iago will love it there!

On the last night, Amy and I made a vegan chocolate and vanilla cake with vegan ice cream in it. The only non-vegan part of the cake was the frosting, because there was butter in the refrigerator that they wanted to use up, because Amy is vegan. The cake was delicious. But, it was so sweet, my stomach hurt. I really liked making this cake!

On the drive home to Sudbury, we were seriously delayed by rain and traffic. We finally arrived home at 4 o’clock in the morning!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb