Harry Potter Marathon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Arden
July 22nd 2011
Published: August 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The canopy tour with Katherine was definitely the hightlight of the 3rd week of July. The rest of my time at home was mostly spent on cooking, cleaning, gardening, relaxing, and paling around with the kids. During this week Andrew decided that we should have a Harry Potter movie marathon. The goal was to watch a different Harry Potter movie every night for 7 straight nights and then go see the final movie (Deathly Hallows - Part 2) in the big theater on Friday night. It was a courageous and admirable goal, but life got in the way, Janine had to work long days at Lutheridge, and the kids were distracted by opportunities to play outside with their friends. It ended up that Andrew and I managed to squeeze in 7 movies in 8 days, but unfortunately the girls couldn't stay awake for a couple of the movies. We never did make it to the big theater for the final movie as a family. Instead, we got to see our good friends the Shackelfords who were traveling home to Spartanburg from seeing their family in Tennessee. So, we convinced them to come over for dinner and watch Part 1 of Deathly Hallows with us. That was Friday night and on Saturday morning Andrew and I were packed and ready for our trip to Boston.

God of love, life, and laughter - Thank you for my wife, my children, and my dear friends the Shackelfords. They are a dear blessing and bring such joy to my life. Amen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb