Quality Family Time


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Arden
July 18th 2011
Published: August 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The last 3 days have been rather quiet. The 4 of us just laid around the house and took it easy. On Sunday (7/17) we worshipped together downtown at First Presbyterian Church. We were impressed with the music and liturgy and I personally enjoyed the sermon preached by Pastor Mark Burnham. I have appreciated getting to know him through the Christian Discipleship Center and hope our collegial friendship continues to grow. While we were in worship we saw our friend Vance Reese who was filling in for the Director of Music while he was away. (Isn't Asheville nice? You never know when you are going to bump into a friend around town.) After church we stayed for a bit of fellowship and spoke with another familiar face from the Christian Discipleship Center, Nancy McNeill. We returned home and relaxed for the afternoon. On Monday I got reaquainted with my garden. Despite my neglect, it found a way to grow and produce. I collected green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, jalapenio peppers, and even a good handful of blueberries. The raspberries, sugar snap peas and broccoli were all done. (We enjoyed those before our over seas trip.) The cantelope, corn and potatoes are still coming along. I had to pull out a number of tall sunflowers that started from our birdfeeders. It was hard to see them go because they were so pretty, but I had to do something to thin out the dense forest. There were plenty of weeds as well. After a day of digging in the dirt I enjoyed a cold beer on the back porch. Ahh, it's good to be home!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb