Our 2nd Wedding


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
June 10th 2011
Published: June 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Some may ask "Why did you get married again?" Or "Didn't you get married on 8-9-10?" The answer is "Because and Yes". Last summer was our civil/legal ceremony to be husband and wife. The ceremony we had last night was our ceremony to God to be husband and wife. I had never wanted a big church wedding ever since I was little but Pete and I also have always wanted to raise our children in the church.

In the Catholic Church we hadn't received the Marriage Sacrament. This sacrament allows us to have our children, when we decided to start a family after our return from China, be baptized in the church and it also was one of Scott's wishes. Scott was with us in spirit last night.

We set the date just 16 days ago when we met with Father Maxy D'Costa. We had filled out the paperwork at the end of March but lent was occurring and our schedules got crazy. There are no sacraments during lent. We celebrated with 11 of our closest family members and friends that are also Catholics. It was an amazing time and intimate just the way we like things.

The dress and earrings I wore were new. My bracelet was the jewelry us bridesmaids wore in Brooke & Mat's wedding, My necklace was from my First Communion. The purple shoes were from our wedding in Santa Barbara. The flowers I carried were one of the Mother bouquets from our wedding last August. Pete wore his suit and shirt from our wedding and his shoes were his Father's. We tried to incorporate new and old for this special celebration.

Thanks to those who were thinking and praying for us last night who could not join us. We celebrated with dinner, drinks and dessert at Pok Pok, Award Winning Thai Restaurant in SE Portland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Have you ever seen the Bride & Groom walk in together?Have you ever seen the Bride & Groom walk in together?
Have you ever seen the Bride & Groom walk in together?

it happens when they are already civilly married


Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 25; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb