RIHLA #26


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 22nd 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. This article talked about an issue in Bangladesh. Bangladesh, being the "third-biggest exporter of clothes in the world" just had a collapse that killed about 1,100 people. In this eight-story building, there were only three floors legally built. This was a part of the cause of the collapse happening. The five other floors had the worker's lives in danger. 1,127 bodies were being recovered, and there was one worker who survived 17 days being stuck inside.

2. Human rights ARE violated because everyone "has the right to work.. to just and favourable conditions of work" (article 23). Workers should feel and be safe in their working environments. This building was obviously not ensuring that safety.

3. What I think should be done is that there should be more legal checks, to ensure that he factory is in good condition to have workers there. The factory owners/government should pay the families of these people. The workers were in dangerous environments, and these environments costed the lives of about 1,100 people. There has to be justice; no discrimination for safety.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb