New York Adventure - Day 6


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
January 13th 2015
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.7614, -73.9863

Expecting our new suitcases today before we checkout at 12:00 noon. Made call to United about claiming for damaged bag. Left Celina with this while I went to the FedEx office to collect our new suitcases. All collected ok an returned to hotel via taxi and re packed everything.

First stop Aeropostle to exchange a T Shirt, we ended up buying a new jacket, scarf and beanie for Sophie, before rushing off to Rockefeller Centre for Top of the Rock, only to find that when we got there our New York pass had expired yesterday so if we wanted to view we are up for $94.00. Some solid pleading by Celina and they treated us as an exception and let us in. Even upgraded us to Privileged Visitor which for $5.00 came with a picture at Top of the Rock. Views were spectacular so lots of pictures taken.

Back to hotel by cab, and our hired SUV was waiting. Had to hire the SUV because the luggage we had would not fit into a standard taxi. Left hotel 13:30 and arrived at LaGuardia Airport around 14:30. Checked everything in and had to pay for two bags, $175 but once I produced my One World card and the price dropped to $75

Next stop baggage damage claim @ United. Presented Emma's damaged bag and received a brand new replacement, whilst I didn't like the idea of returning this at the airport the process was simple and they just gave us a new bag. Enquired into expense reimbursement for delayed bags and told abruptly to make the claim on line...information now conflicts with what we were told on the phone....well when we get to San Francisco we will make another call and see what we are to do.

Temperature very cold again, - 2 (-9.8) so we had lunch before proceeding to board. Celina was scanned for explosives, the rest of us got through ok.

Now on board flight AA1138 to Dallas on Boeing 737. Sun is going down as we head south to Dallas.

As we have reached cruise altitude I will have a nap now because I am tired and my feet are burning. 3hours and 10 minutes and we will arrive in Dallas.

Landed Dallas 19:30 and had short transit time of xx minutes. Boarded final leg on AAxxxx at xxxx an headed skyward for next stop on this wonderful journey, San Francisco. Great flight and landed xxxxxx. Collected our mountain of luggage and off we trotted to find a taxi. Temperature on arrival was much better than New York at xxdegrees.
Just a short drive and we checked into Hilton Union Square, and off to bed.

Tomorrow will be a day of new adventure as we explore everything San Francisco has to offer.

Good night from the "Rudkin Travelling Forest 2087 Billies" from San Francisco

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb