The Best Summer 2017 Vacation Spots


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
August 5th 2017
Published: August 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This year, your summer need not be full of humidity and home improvement chores. Instead, take a trip to one of the United States' three most exciting cities: New York, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. These major metropolitan areas draw tourists from around the world and feature iconic sights that everyone should see at least once. Plus, the local food, music, and activities are truly unbeatable. These are the vacation spots you'll be talking about for a long time to come.

New York City



Spend your summer vacation seeing shows on Broadway, shopping on Madison Avenue, and strolling through Central Park. New York City has been a popular travel spot for decades because of the plethora of things to do and the ever-changing amusements you can find. Whether you've visited once or 100 times, you'll always discover something new.

Times Square is always an old favorite, and if you want your pick of centrally located New York City hotels, then it's the best place to stay. Look for something out of the hustle and bustle by checking Brooklyn hotel locations, where you'll be near boutique shops and delicious eateries that aren't quite as crowded as the favorite Manhattan spots. Some other highlights of your trip might include the Strand bookstore and the High Line walking trail.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Though casinos and luxury hotels are a big part of Las Vegas, they are only a small part of what makes this city enchanting. The fountains at the Bellagio, the dolphins at the Mirage, and the numerous Cirque du Soleil shows should all be on your Vegas agenda.

When you want to be in the center of it all, hotels on the Vegas Strip are the places to be. They can get pricey, but consider how amazing your summer vacation will be when you choose to stay in a luxury hotel with great restaurants, casinos, and other entertainment at your fingertips. Live music, hiking at Red Rock Canyon, and the High Roller are all Vegas attractions you won't want to miss.

Los Angeles, California

When you visit Los Angeles, your first thought is probably Hollywood, followed swiftly by Rodeo Drive. These spots are certainly worth seeing if you've never been to Los Angeles before. Consider, though, getting outside in Griffith Park, where you can hike the trails to the top for gorgeous city views. You'll find the zoo there, too.

The Getty Center, where you can enter for free and see tons of art, is also worth a trip. Also remember that Los Angeles hotels are plentiful and scattered throughout the city. Find the best deals by looking far from Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Don't forget locations like Long Beach, which are a bit of a drive from the city's center but offer inexpensive hotel options that will be kind to many budgets.

What are you waiting for? Book your flight, reserve your hotels, and start your summer adventure. Be a little spontaneous and leave tomorrow, or spend a few weeks with a guidebook, planning all the sights you want to see.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.526s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb