Day 12 Overnight flight - welcome to the Big Apple


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
December 28th 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.7528, -73.9853

The morning started with everyone clearing out The Gables. Everything needed to find its home - either in a bag, cupboard or bin. It was all hands on deck to do the clean out and be out by 10 am.

And the good news was that Anthony's room was empty. Know that he got in VERY late after a night out with Ian. His departure was at 4.15 am. Anthony is revisiting Toronto and catching up with friends. With a bit of luck the weather will be kinder to him than last time AND his luggage will arrive with him.

True to form the AirBnB organization worked a treat and daughter number two was there to help with the last bits and pieces of the cleanout. Michael made a dash to the Village to return the borrowed gear and it was such a busy time in Whistler, we waited nearly an hour for a vehicle to come and take all the gear to Mindy and Ian's at The Aspens.

It was a quite day of "waiting" with a stroll to IGA for some lunch supplies and a few unannounced drop ins to Mindy's work for a last glimpse or two or three or four.

But it really was all about the bus and the departure at 4 pm. No stocking dramas this time.Mac squeezed into them and we were ready.

Tears as usual as we bundled the gear and ourselves into the door to door mini van. Last kisses and a wave and we were on our 2 hour trek down the Sea to Sky Highway to the airport. Perched happily in the front seats it was an effortless descent with both Michael and Mac grabbing some much needed sleep and Jan straining to catch the last glimpses of the harbour and the occasional glimpse of the Rocky Mountaineer railway line. There are so many names and places that are familiar on this route now - we are getting to be "regulars".

The airport routine was smooth. Check in, eat, wait. Interestingly, the boarding lounges for the US flights don't open till 30 minutes before the flight - so we did have to sit around in the hallway with everyone else. Once the flight was called, the doors opened, we queued and we were in.

The night time flight was a great idea. We just had to settle in and sleep as we made the trek west to east.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb