It's up to you,New York...New York!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
December 29th 2006
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yes, it's so true wht they say...here is all BIGGER and better than anywhere else in the world!!!!!!
No doubt this city has blown our minds and eyes away......
Our hotel was right next door to 'Ground Zero'. It was an emotinal place for us. Such a big hole in the ground , so many lives lost ...sadness all around...
Many tourist were taking pictures of it all, we choose not to out of respect. Not a tourist site in our eyes, more like a place of rest for those unfortunate ones...
Anyways, this city has soooo much to offer it was hard to know where to start, but as experienced travelers by now : ) we hit the open top buses, let us add how BLOODY COLD it's here!!!!!!!!!
Seems a long way from Australia's 35C...!
The first day in town waited for us with 3C...what a shock to the system!!
This bus tours showed us the lot: uptown, downtown Manhattan, and our favourite "Brooklyn"...
Time Square was Jos best one of all...everything happens there, hard to explain you just have to live it!
5th Avenue for window shopping unless you are loaded, Central station, Maddison square, Empire State builing,
Rockerfeller centreRockerfeller centreRockerfeller centre

Biggest Christmas tree in America and it's a real tree...
Rockerfeller building, and Macy's a whole city bloke...
OH! The Christmas decorations all over the place are amazing ...the biggest Christmas tree and ski ring at the Rockerfeller Centre was so cool....perfect timing: we got to see someone proposing on ice! Thne crowd went wild...hehehhe! Good for them...
But wait there is more: Grand Central station, Central Park where Jos took me for a 'romantic carriage ride'.
Went on a ferry accross to Ellis Island passing right by Statue of Liberty...The lines to go to the actual island were blokes long, never seen anything like it! 3-4 hour waiting... So we chose this ferry to save precious time...
Too much to see in 4 days!

New Years Eve was absolutely MASSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll never ever forget it....
3 and 1/2 hours waiting on the road way at amazing Time Square in freezing conditions, didn't dampen our party spirits!
We've danced, cheered, and chat to strangers to keep us going... the atmospher was incredible. So many people partying, live concerts and cops everywhere you looked. We felt safe, no drama at all...
The final 10 sec. countdown with a million people in song, watching this crystal BALL drop it sent chives down your spine!!!!
Then it was midnight...kisses and hugs going around to people we didn't know..HHAHHAAA! Loved it...
Then it was over, the cops get everyone out in no time.
Afterwards it was serious clubbing at a the Meatpacking area, the district where all the cool clubs are...
We were lucky enough to get on a guest list at an awsome club called 'CIELO'...where we partyed our way into 2007!
The hardest thing about NY is catching a CAB on New Year's eve..but luck was on our side and somehow we got one : )

The 'big apple' has come and gone ...best way to start the NEW YEAR! An experience we will never forget....

And if I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere.....It's up to you New York...New YOOORRRKK!!!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Wall StreetWall Street
Wall Street

A kiss for 'good luck' baby!
The big nightThe big night
The big night

The crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb