St. Crispin's day morn and our departure


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
October 25th 2018
Published: October 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

This has to be quick as by the time you get the next one, we will be paying through the nose for shipboard connection!



Real fast. Carriage ride through Centrail Park yesterday. Driver is A;i from Turkey, horse is Baltimore from New York.Driver wearing glasses.



Huge gaffuffle in mid-town with hundreds of cops blocking intersections (and mostly standing around waiting) because of "devices found delivered to various Democratic types. Had to loop around a few extra blocks to get around them.



Emmy, the afternoon manager here at the hotel, is from Hull,England. She was invited to move to the States as an actress, and of course, needs an extra job to make ends meet. N'theless, her company will be performing Antony andCleopatra, Romeo and Juliet, and Twelfth Night either outdoors at Central Park or in the amphitheater in Times Square. I tell her of my ambition to sneak on to the main stage on the Queen Mary and recite the speech I have told you about. She very kindly says that she would like to hear me do it. I am a completely stage struck amateur ham actor. Having someone ask me to recite Shakespear is like offering tuna-coated catnip to a cat.

So I did the speech for her. God, i love the sound of my own voice - as long as I have good material and it doesn't get much better than that!



And, now, at long last, pictures. All from Central Park, including a nice shot of Susan at the Imagine circle, close to where John Lennon was killed. Captions may or may not be added later, depending on time. Don't hold your breath!!



Off to the ship at 1245. Really looking forward to it!

Tim


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.447s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0871s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.3mb