Get Away This Winter Without Breaking the Bank


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
December 6th 2017
Published: December 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

As we get further and further into the year the weather tends to get worse. The thought of fall is a distant memory as the weather gets colder and colder, and the thought of spring helps us perk up out of our winter blues.

Many of us get some kind of vacation during the year, and one of the best ways to use it is by getting out of the cold environment for a quick pick me up of sunshine and warmth. However, vacations during the winter season tend to be the most expensive. After quickly searching for travel deals, we quickly discover we might be staying at home during our vacation.

Much of the time there are great deals out there, but it seems like these deals are hidden under a rock, or is offered for a time-limited. There are a few great deals out there, so you can get away and get that taste of summer again, if only for a few days. Let's get started!

Easy Get Away Travel on a Low Budget



Getting away when you have a limited budget on short notice is relatively easy when you have the right resources to know where to get a great deal. These deals include the following:

Taking a Cruise



First of all a cruise is a great way to escape for a few days, and the best part is your meals, and entertainment are included with your trip. There are a few different cruise lines that you can check online, many cruises are under $250. There cruise lines include Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, and Royal Caribbean Cruise. If you don't have anybody to take with you that's fine as well. Many singles go on cruises as it's easy to make new friends.

Find the Lowest Airfare



There are many online companies like Travelocity, Expedia, and Agoda that cater to many who are looking for a great airfare deal with the combination of hotels. The hotel deals you tend to find on these sights are quite competitive, but it's really not that great when it comes to airfare.

One of the best places you can find airfare, whether you are booking a couple of months in advance, or looking for a deal short notice then you will want to check out skyscanner.com. Skyscanner works on your laptop or smart-device and even comes in a mobile app. You can typically find flights from Chicago or New York to places like California or Florida for around $200 round trip. Getting to a destination on the cheap just got a little bit easier.

Take Advantage of Credit Cards



As a society most of us live and breathe credit all day long. Why not take advantage of top credit cards when you can, just be responsible about it. There are credit cards for just about every function all with bonuses for travel, or cashback that anyone can take advantage of. With the help of the rewards from everyday uses and even booking a vacation it's just a win-win situation.

Final Thoughts



It's not impossible to go on a short luxury vacation without breaking the bank this winter. It's about being using your due diligence to find the best deals. Most people say strategically managing your time is important, but it's more about looking in the right place where deals are available 24/7. So where will you go this winter?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.436s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb