At the airport


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
July 1st 2007
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.4543, -76.6907

We left Vermont this morning and drove down to JFK airport. Alex and Josh were pleased to see Manhattan for the first time and were able to pick out the Empire State building in the distance. Alex shed a few small boy tears when he left his dad, but we're looking forward to seeing him in Istanbul next week!
Lines were long and the TSA agents were surly, but we managed to work our way through security in a little over an hour. Since Mike still had to work his way south to Richmond so that he can go to work in the morning, he dropped us off 6 hours before our flight. Needless to say, we didn't sweat making it to the gate on time. So we're using our cell phone minutes, playing around with the camera and making friends in the gate area. Josh found a buddy (about 18 months old) by feeding him teddy grahms and then had trouble getting rid of him. Luckily for Josh, the little muncher headed off to Frankfurt about 15 minutes ago.

One nice surprise was the presence of a spa here in Terminal 1. Kate and I got
Leaving VermontLeaving VermontLeaving Vermont

Here we are just before we hop into the car for the airport.
manicures and sat in massage chairs. That was pretty good.

Alex is relying heavily on his DS for entertainment during the wait. He is looking forward to dinner on the plane.
Josh is working on his Dungeons and Dragons dungeon and Kate sent off an email to her friend Rachel. Next stop: Munich!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Manicure girlManicure girl
Manicure girl

Xpress spa is a wonderful place. The ladies there were so much nicer to us than the ones who work for TSA at JFK!
Waiting for a planeWaiting for a plane
Waiting for a plane

Josh can tell you a few things about Blokus.


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb