Take Us Home County Roads-Our Last Lap - CRAPOLA!! ? ?⬇️‼️


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Wellsville
April 19th 2015
Published: April 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Ahhhh - GOOD MORNING, AMERICA! Hello, Everyone. It's a new day and hopefully our last traveling one for this excursion. What a ride it's been. So glad you decided to go along with us...your company has been just delightful. Everything seems good.....but I did say similar yesterday. But today is different...I just can feel it (oh, foolish me). Homeward bound we are: "This is where you get your strength, the red earth of Tara." ....or "The Brown Sticks of Shongo" (my quote). "TARA, Home! We'll Go Home!"(Gone With The Wind quotes) Right now we are passing through the Gettysburg Battlefield area. We feel like we have been in battle. But that's behind us and this now. No buzzers; no alarms; no warning lights and read outs! La-la-la-la......happy days......PLEASE, GOD! Keep us safe & moving. What a little coolant in the right tank can do for you. (or so we thought ?✖️??????)

Our rolling ship docked last night in Haggerstown, Maryland where there is a huge Wal-Mart and strip mall. Perimeter is lined with multiple restaurants: Applebee's, Friendlys, Ryan's, Friday's, etc. This parking lot has become an oasis for RVer's traveling North & South on route 81 (exit 6B). The flowering,
Beautiful BushBeautiful BushBeautiful Bush

Gorgeous Tree
white trees throughout the parking lot were absolutely beautiful....check out my pictures. They looked like huge wedding decorations. We were going to eat at Ryan's (a favorite buffet) but not many cars around it....that's a bad sign. Friday's was packed so we went there. Good choice: good food, good atmosphere and great drinks! We needed that after our harrowing day. Chug, Chug, Chug. Cory = Jack Daniels Manhattan on the rocks...Me= whisky and ginger ale in a tall glass cause I don't like it strong! But I need it strong now! Fortunately, we only had to walk a short distance back to the RV. No drinking and driving for this weary twosome....well, then there's Lulu. She puts it away like a bottomless sieve...it's good she can't walk or drive!

I'm throwing in a few extra pictures that I had saved for your enjoyment. The huge cowboy/Elvis trailer was just pulling out of the motel at the intersection of Tropical Palms road and Rt.192. Now that's some artwork on one big trailer, wouldn't you say? The purple flowering bush was near the KOA in Statesville. I belong to a FB group called Old Farms & Barns where we submit fantastic old barn photos to share. Cory drove me down an old path where I found some deteriorating old barns and houses. Amongst the decaying remains resided this pretty, purple/pink tree. Gas prices going up. Now we know we are getting closer to home! Roads are bumpier, too. The winter weather has taken its toll on them. When I wander back through the RV as we are moving, I look like a drunken sailor after a hard night in port. Fortunately, we have just a pathway down the center which gives me support and places to hang on. Amazing when we are stopped and open up the four slides....it widens enough that I could put on my old roller skates and begin doing the Swan Waltz! Lulu wishes she could skate but she can only be a spectator....unless I hold her like a partner. Then she's happy. She's a determined little head that lets nothing hold her back.

11:00 AM - GPS reads we are 100 miles from home. Yeah! Yippee! Hurray! We are on a roll now. I can see the beacon on yonder signaling us home. I hear our crows we feed cawing us home. We're coming, We're coming...shouts Lulu. She anxious, too. Her glowing eyes are just dancing with excitement as she senses our proximity. I'm snapping brown stick pictures through the spattered windshield. Want to talk Beetlejuice? We have a slaughter house glass plate for a million bugs that we peer through as we shuffle along in our moving buggy. Good word! A buggy buggy! One last stop in Mansfield, PA for fuel for the RV and ourselves. Diesel gas is now$3.09. Sounds like home prices......Florida prices are so far behind us, now. We reaped the savings while we could this winter. The traveling man is behind the wheel, again. Lulu is helping him drive. She is such a sweetheart. One of kind. Doing good for others. Thats her! "Goody-Goody Two Shoes" - oh, if only she could wear them!

1:45 PM--OMG!! Cory straining his head to see something. What? What? What? Something flopping in the breeze on the side of our motor home! Noooooooo. I race to the side window, throw open the sash.....only to see a little black cap that goes on our gas! Whew! Easy fix.....back cruising again. Stressed spelled backwards spells desserts......we've had our full share. We're fat and happy (we
Huge Fancy TrailerHuge Fancy TrailerHuge Fancy Trailer

Don't Be Cruel!
thought we were)....no more desserts, please.

Holy Crap! Holy Double Crap! FECES! Sh_t! WHAT??? The buzzers and alarms are shrieking again. Nooooooo - this has to be a joke but we aren't laughing. We are 20 miles from home. Check Engine! Low Coolant! What the hell?? SOS! This is not real. We are cursed! Someone better put their voodoo doll away! This is not fun! We are not having a good time! We crept slowly to reach the top of the Greenwood Hill and just pulled over when the RV just died....it gasped it's last breath! It was dead! We feel the same! I am now doing personal CPR: thrusting my chest against our big, broken metal box house! Are we not meant to go home? Are we to live in this hot box house along the side of the road forever? What will our address be: Loser's Lane? What gives.....Nothing to do but sit and wait until everything cools down - us included. This is beginning to seem like one big fat nightmare. Cory figures there's more wrong here than just " Low Coolant". When the bad, old fan belt broke it didn't drop nicely to the ground
Going home to WellsvilleGoing home to WellsvilleGoing home to Wellsville

And brown sticks
like you might think. It exploded and flew into the engine...they had to pick the pieces out if it. We always take the RV for a check over when we get home. This time we shall do the same (if we actually get home) but will take it first to a Cummins dealer to have the chassis stuff checked and then to our RV place to have the "house" parts checked. Of course, our long term warranty ended this year (of course) and much too expensive to buy more (of course). So, we will have to dig out more chunk change I'm sure. Closest casino is in Salamanca, NY....we're going! It will be a test to see if Lucky Bucky has lost his mojo. I'm sure he hasn't but then again, I'm not sure of anything anymore. Remember that good feeling I had when we started today.......blatl! We added the coolant AGAIN, reset the gauges and unhooked our car. Cory decided it would be better not to pull the car so I will just drive it and follow behind. He always say I bring too much stuff but we won't go there now. 2:25 PM and we are back on the country roads that were supposed to take us home. Phooey! We are now two separate vehicles striving to reach our same destination: Shongo. As I trail behind the big, brown box in our severed Ford Flex, I keep saying the instructive and encouraging words of NEMO: "just keep swimming, just keep going, just keep going!" I'm giving up with "Jesus Take The Wheel".

3:00 PM...I see it, I see it.....Lulu jumps up and down (best she can) - there's our stationary brown house, right where we left it, standing strong and waiting for us in Shongo! We are home! We are home! Hallelujah, Hallelujah! Lulu throws herself to the ground and gives it a big, fat kiss. She twirls herself prostrate under the RV. Relief and excitement are not strong enough emotions to describe how we feel. We have actually survived this Harrowing Ride From Hell. And you have, too. Thank heavens you all were with us. United we stand! We could feel you trying to push our troubled transport along. We made it together! So I guess we can say "All's Well That Ends Well" and it has. The only thing we are going to do now
Trying some makeoversTrying some makeoversTrying some makeovers

What do you think?
is bring in our medicines and play Big Fish Casino! Tomorrow is another day. We've had enough of this one.

This is it, dear friends and family. Our story has been written; my job is done. It's time to say "So Long" and "Until We Meet Again". I'll probably pop up once in awhile when we have something exciting to share but for now, thank you so much for joining us. We have felt your presence throughout it all. We've love knowing that you were there with us - through thick and thin: good and bad: hot and cold coolant...you name it.....we've stuck together throughout all these months. It's been truly a great time. So many fun adventures and terrific memories.....with a few exceptions: credit card scam, broken water valve, crappy roller coaster ride home. Such is life! I hope you've had a chuckle or two as you read my blogs. We've tried to live our lives with the glass of lemonade being half full. Of course, of recent, the half full glass has become pretty cloudy and not just from the smashed bugs. Stay well, stay happy and stay in touch. THAT'S ALL SHE WROTE.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Brown SticksBrown Sticks
Brown Sticks

Very Close to Home
HELP! Deja Vu too Many TimesHELP! Deja Vu too Many Times
HELP! Deja Vu too Many Times

Look at the Dials! Hear the Buzzers!
Me! Me!
Me!

Puke!!
Off the road AGAINOff the road AGAIN
Off the road AGAIN

Just wanted to go DOWN the hill!
We're Home! We're Home!
We're Home!

Hallelujah!
Our HouseOur House
Our House

Our Motor House & Car
Lulu kisses the groundLulu kisses the ground
Lulu kisses the ground

Lulu lies under the RV
See You SoonSee You Soon
See You Soon

Sandy & Cory
Fini Fini
Fini

By Sandra Guenter


Tot: 0.375s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.2255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb