Taste of Syracuse


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Syracuse
June 5th 2015
Published: March 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Taste of SyracuseTaste of SyracuseTaste of Syracuse

so much to choose from!
Every summer, Syracuse's Clinton Square houses the Taste of Syracuse Festival. I first went in 2015 (when my accompanying photos were taken), and have been back a few times since.

It's a food-based fest, with a variety of local vendors selling small bites for just a few dollars. There is also live music, inflatables and face painting for the kiddos, vendors selling their wares...but it's really the food that gets me there.

The first time, I took my daughter, Grace, and her then-boyfriend, Josh. Grace and I had a great time perusing all the different booths, trying to find the most interesting things. There was something for everyone here...typical American food, ethnic, vegetarian, meat-lovers, sweets. Grace, Josh and I all gravitated towards different vendors, sampling and tasting to our heart's content.

When I returned with a friend a few years later, many vendors were handing out free samples of all sorts of things. We managed to secure a few plastic bags, filling them up excitedly like children on Halloween night. So be prepared, and bring along a bag for storage.

They sell beer at the festival itself, but you have to stand in a gated area and
Taste of SyracuseTaste of SyracuseTaste of Syracuse

at least 20 vendors, maybe more
the beer is rather pricey. Luckily, there is absolutely no need to buy your alcohol here. Clinton Square is peppered with nice little establishments, many with sidewalk tables. After tasting all you want to taste, simply find a little microbrewery, bar or restaurant and have a seat. It's very easy to wander in and out of the confines of the festival.

Syracuse is a rather small city, with a chill vibe. It's easy to navigate, easy to find parking, and easy to find your way around. The crowds don't seem to get to stress-inducing levels, either. I have been to a few different festivals over the years, and always have a good experience. So if you get a chance to attend Taste of Syracuse or any other festival held in Clinton Square, don't hesitate!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Taste of SyracuseTaste of Syracuse
Taste of Syracuse

looking for vegetarian options
Taste of SyracuseTaste of Syracuse
Taste of Syracuse

happiness found


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb