Another bite of the big apple


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
May 12th 2013
Published: June 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Love it or hate it, it's a cracking flagLove it or hate it, it's a cracking flagLove it or hate it, it's a cracking flag

and in a distinctly normal US patriotic manner ... everywhere
Visit no 3 and the love for this city just grows. I challenge anyone to go to New York and not like it, the buildings, the feel, the surprisingly friendly people. I love this city and with free accommodation in mid town Manhattan, I've become a bit of a NYC groupie, squeezing in trips as often as I can - bugger travel variety!

This visit spread over a whole week with only a little side trip to Boston was very much a relax, catch up with friends, do a little (it's a relative term) shopping and wander out of Manhattan to get to know a little more about the other Boroughs and a little more about Manhattan. There is so much to see and do that it is easy to find yourself effectively just kicking around midtown and downtown. Chelsea, the West Village, the East Village, Soho etc are fab and trust me as I was running from 'Carries House' to the 'Ghostbusters' Firehouse amongst the leafy, brownstone lined streets I was loving it, but it was nice to get over the bridges and wander the streets of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, check out the graffiti at 5Pointz in Queens and to head up town Manhattan for a little Sunday soul food at Sylvia's in Harlem.

I won't say I didn't see some sights ... there are always gaps ... a trip to the top of the rock, visit to Moma, Seeing Pooh Bear + co at the NY Public Library, chilling in Bryant Park (free wifi), celeb stalking at Letterman and on the streets (Nadine Cole, Girls Aloud + Nathan Lane almost running me over as he left the theatre) and lots and lots of eating. I can recommend Ellen's Stardust Diner on Broadway for tunes while you eat, the theatre of Jeckyl & Hyde while you drink, prosecco and a feed at the Rockefeller for the people watching, drinks at South West Porch in Bryant Park just because and a bagel or strawberry cheesecake anywhere!

Jane


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Water TowerWater Tower
Water Tower

They're everywhere and I love the look of them, good for political messages too
GE BuildingGE Building
GE Building

Amazing detail if you can get a good view point ...
Mouth, 7 ... rocksMouth, 7 ... rocks
Mouth, 7 ... rocks

Tom Wesselman


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb