Day 53


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
August 22nd 2009
Published: August 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up early this morning as we planned checking out and going early to the top of the Rockafeller Centre...failed. The reason it had been raining so much is because there is a hurricane not too far off the coast of New York...booooooo weather!
We made our way into Times Square, had some brekkie and walked around for abit before heading into Madame Tussauds. We spent just under 2 hours in here, pretending we were rubbing shoulders with the who's who. We then made our way to the subwey to get a train up to FAO Schwarz.
This is the toy store from the Tom Hanks Movie, Big, where he plays on the big piano. It had to be done. We didnt have to line up at all but they do give u a 2minute time limit on it. FYI, u can buy one for a tiny fee of $250,000 (maybe next time i visit!)
We then walked down one of the streets (dont know which one it was)there was a big street market going on, we got some lunch, found the M&Ms world and the Naked Cowboy in Times Square then caught a cab back to the hostel to get our shuttle to the airport for our flight to LA.
We sat on the tarmac for over an hour and a half because it was peak time and there was no room to take off... here's an idea guys..dont schedule so many freakin flights then!!!
We arrived to LAX at about 10:45.... an hour and a half late..
Made our way down to our hotel for the night, the Raddison at LAX (which was a realllllly long walk with heavy cases) to decide on how to spend our last day in USA...by the hotel pool or shopping....hmmmmm, decisions, decisions....


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb