Day 52


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
August 21st 2009
Published: August 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We slept in a lil then made our way out, walking heaps of the city from 94th street down to West 71st Street to the Dakota Hotel, the hotel where John Lennon was shot.
We then decided we'd walked enough in the 33 degree heat and caught the subway the rest of the way down to 59th street.
We got off and made our way up to the shopping area, first stopping off at a lil cafe for brekkie, pancakes..mmm.
First stop after this: Tiffany & Co on Fifth Ave. I bought 2 items.. couldnt come here and not get something/s.
We then headed off down the road to meet outside the Gossip Girl hotel for the Start of our 3.5hour Gossip Girl tour. I wont go into it because for anyone who doesnt watch the show it wont mean much but we did see where they shot alotttttt of the show and made quite a few stops for photos opps too. Unfortunately no sightings of Chase Crawford and the gang.
One of the stops we did make was at Henri Bendel where the producer of the show buys a lot of Blair and Serenas accessories.. therefore, i made another purchase!
Another place we stopped at was a candy shop called Dylans Candy Bar. It was set up by Dylan Lauren, Ralphs Laurens daughter. The had 2 levels of the best chocolates and sweets... again, a couple more purchases..
We finished the tour in Union Square and made our way down Hollister where i made another purchase... shopaholic much? well,, when in New York!!
We planned on going to the top of the Rockafeller Centre that evening but its poured with rain, again so had a night in packing up all our stuff, including our newly purchased 3rd suitcase to carry all the extra shopping!
Had a few drinks between us as we had a bottle of Malibu and Pineapple left over from Contiki... Our last night in New York City...nawwww.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.371s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 80; dbt: 0.1207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb